The story of Carlos I dates back to 1889 when in the city of Jerez, a cellarmaster found some mysterious barrels in a corner of his cellar.
Neither the master nor anyone knew where they came from, but he instantly realised they contained the most exquisite brandy he had ever tasted. He called it Carlos I because its taste perceived the destiny of a great conqueror.
Warning: Last items in stock!
|6||0,83 €||Up to 4,98 €|
- On the eye: Carlos I has a deep amber colour punctuated with bold golden accents..
- On the nose: Intensely aromatic with notes of vanilla and cocoa.
- On the mouth: In the mouth, it is persistent, balanced and complex.
- Crafting: It’s elaboration begins with a careful selection of the best wines from the Airén grape distilled using the artesanal method of stills of Arabian provenance.
Its ageing takes place in American oak casks, which previosuly contained the most select wines of Jerez, Amontillados and Olorosos.
Through the system of Criaderas and Solera, younger distillates are mixed with others more mature, a dynamic system that favours the evolution and association of aromas, thus revealing an extraordinary brandy of unmatched quality
- Alcohol content: 40%Vol.
- Appellation: Brandy de Jerez, Jerez, Spain
Serve directly in a shallow glass and add one or two rocks of ice. Add a few drops of angostura on top of the ice and marinade the orange skin using an imperial spoon.
The aromas of the angostura enhance the wooden notes of the brandy and the orange pairs perfectly with the flavours of vanilla and cocoa.
More information here.